Monday, August 1, 2016

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

13138635


Overall Rating: 3 stars
Date Finished: July 22, 2016


So, let me start by saying that I loved this cover, and I would be lying if I said that the cover didn't in some way effect my choice to read this book. You can really get in trouble if you choose books to read just based on the cover, but it always a plus when a good book happens to have a good cover as well.

So, at the end of each chapter this book contains small portions of the debriefing/interview of Tarver and I actually really liked that little detail. It gave little hints at the future without giving away too much.

Now the main complaint that I had with this book was Lilac. While on the ship, her actions were justified in the fact that she was trying to protect other people from her father's wrath. Now, why she put up with that for so long is a whole nother issue, but she still had her reasons for pushing Tarver away. But, once they were off the ship, there was no justification for her continuing to be a stuck up and impossible. I understand that she was going through a rough time and she definitely strong of will, but I really had trouble liking her through the first part of the book because of how rude and snarky she was.

As the book progressed, that changed. Lilac developed into a stronger character, their relationship developed and the book inevitably became more enjoyable. There are some definite twists and turns toward the end of the book and overall this was a good read that I definitely recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment