Friday, November 4, 2016

Reborn (Shadow Falls: After Dark #1) by C.C. Hunter

17905355

Overall Rating: 3 stars

Date Finished: October 7, 2016

Now, I will say that most anyone to starts this series already comes in biased. If you're reading this series, it is most likely because you enjoyed the Shadow Falls series and you can't wait to hear more about your favorite characters from that series. After the ending of the original Shadow Falls Series, I wasn't quite sure where this series was going to pick up. Was it going to be strictly Della, or would we see some of the other characters? I was expecting it to be mostly her casework with the FRU or something similar.

Luckily for you fans of Shadow Falls it picks up mostly where it left off. While some time has passed  Della is still at Shadow Falls with all of our good friends from the first series. And while these books focus on Della you still get to see into the lives of the other characters and see how some of their drama plays out. 

I will say that I always loved cranky Della from the original series and it was interesting to see things from her perspective. While she is still the same old, hands off Della, you get to see inside her head and some of fears and frustrations. I enjoyed her progression throughout the book and felt it was a really good storyline. I enjoyed the fact that we got to see both the mystery of Chan and the murder mystery being solved side by side. 

And there is of course a love triangle introduced (it almost wouldn't be Shadow Falls without it) but I really found myself enjoying the series despite that.

Della is a tough character who isn't afraid to stand up for herself and those she cares about and I really look forward to reading more in the next book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment