Saturday, February 4, 2017

A Warm Welcome (Disney Frozen: Anna and Elsa #3) by Erica David

22889793


My Rating: 3 stars
Alysse's Rating: 5 stars
Date Finished: September 19, 2016

This is a book that I read together with my 6 year-old daughter, Alysse. To mix things up again I decided that it would be fun if we reviewed this book together. Obviously, her viewpoint is going to be different than mine and these books are more geared towards her anyways. So, here is what Alysse thought:

Favorite part:
My favorite part is when they met the Summer Queen. I liked when Elsa was talking with the Summer Queen. I like it because they are both Queens and they both had very pretty dresses. I also really liked the Summer Queens hair and she was really nice. 

Things that I liked about the book:
I liked when they were crossing the desert and had to hide under the boat. I also liked seeing how all the people reacted to Olaf  since they had never seen snow before!

Things that I didn't like about the book:
I didn't like it when they had a sand storm because that was scary.

As for me, I obviously didn't have the same views about the book. Overall the book was well written and it was very fun to read together. I also enjoyed seeing Olaf and his interactions with the people. The one thing that was disappointing for me is that in the end the Summer Queen didn't have any powers. I understand that that was part of Elsa's disappointment too, but we spent the whole book being excited about Elsa meeting someone else with powers and when it didn't happen it was a bit disappointin. But still a very fun read for younger kids, with fairly simple sentences and plenty of pictures included along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment